This Weetabix cake was originally posted by Alan on Facebook and I had to share, it’s a fantastic recipe and makes a delicious sweet treat. This is 2.75 syns per slice when divided into 12.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Weetabix
- 110 grams of sultanas
- 150ml of Skimmed Milk
- 150ml of water
- 110g of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 4 tablespoons of sweetener
- 1 egg, well whisked
- Pre-heat oven to 160c.
- Put the Weetabix and Sultanas into a mixing bowl.
- Pour over the 150ml of water, and 150ml of milk and leave to absorb the liquid.
- Once absorbed, stir in the flour, mixed spice, sweetener and whisked egg.
- Put the mixture into a 450g lined loaf tin and cook for approximately 1 hour in a pre-heated oven.
- Divide into 12 and serve once cooled.