This recipe creates a lovely sweet Slimming World Tomato and Garlic chicken with crispy herb potatoes. It’s a very tomato based dish, so if you don’t like tomato, it’s not for you!
What you’ll need (For the chicken):
- 2 chicken breasts
- Tin of tomatoes
- Glug of Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lazy garlic
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of basil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Small sprinkle of mature cheddar
What you’l need (for the potatoes):
- White potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of herbs de provence
- 1/2 tea spoon of sea salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper
- Couple of sprays of fry light
- Keep the chicken breast in breast form, but score slightly on both sides.
- Place the tin of chopped tomatoes into an oven dish, then add the red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, paprika, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Place the chicken into the mixture, using a spoon pour plenty of the tomato mixture on top and ensure chicken is nicely covered. As below:
- It’s best to cook it slow at first, to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn and soaks in nicely. After 20 minutes or so, crank up the heat for 5-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Keep the potatoes unpeeled, the skin helps them crisp up.
- Cut potatoes into small quarters, like mini roast potatoes.
- Part boil the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients (garlic powder, paprika, herbs de provence, sea salt and pepper) with a few sprays of fry light in a bowl and mix well. As below:
- When the potatoes are part boiled, throw them into a culinder to drain the water. Once drained, add a bit of the herb mixture, toss the potatoes around, add some more, and so on, until evenly covered, as below:
- Either place the potatoes in the actifryer with a spray of fry light, or on a baking tray to cook until crisp.
- Place a bed of spinach on your plate, and serve your chicken once cooked. Take a few spoons of the tomato mixture and pour over the top. (Note, it can be a little watery at the bottom so try get the big chunky bits)
- Sprinkle a small bit of cheese on top and allow to melt, serve with crispy potatoes and it should look similar to this..