A Slimming World Teriyaki Chicken recipe. One of my favourite Slimming World recipes. The whole thing has 2 syns in it which makes it 1 syn per portion.
What you’ll need:
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of honey (2 syns)
- 100ml of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of lazy chilli or 1/2 a finely chopped red chilli
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener
- 1 garlic clove crushed (or 1/2 a teaspoon of lazy garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of lazy ginger, or finely chopped ginger
- 2 chicken breast
- White onion
- Spray some Fry Light into a pan and place the ginger and garlic in, cook until it starts to bubble
- At this point, add in the water, soy sauce and honey
- Bring this to the boil and then add in your 2 tablespoons of sweetener, continue to cook and stir until you notice the mixture start to thicken.
- Add in the lazy chilli and allow to cook for another minute on lower heat.
- Chop your chicken breasts into cubes and marinade in the sauce (save some for re-applying)
- Place in the oven at 200 degrees. Remove several times during the cooking process and reapply some more sauce to cook in.
- Meanwhile boil your rice and veggies (I’ve used red pepper, peas, white onions) and mix well together when both cooked.
- Place your chicken on top of your veggie rice and you can also sprinkle over any remaining bits of sauce.