I found this recipe on Facebook a while ago and gave it a try, I found it to very tasty and surprisingly sweet. It’s 14 syns for 8 pieces so less than 2 syns a slice.
What you’ll need:
- 50g of Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- 2 sachets of chocolate orange options powder
- 5 tablespoons of sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract (Tesco I get mine)
- 1 satsuma
- Pre heat your oven to 150c.
- Add the 4 egg yolks (not whites) to a mixing bowl and add in the sweetener, orange extract and options powder and mix well.
- Squeeze the satsuma for the juice into the mixing bowl and continue to mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix.
- Finally, whisk your egg whites from earlier separately and when will whisked, add into the mixture, give the whole thing a final stir and poor into a baking tray.
- Cook for 35 minutes.