Below is my recipe for Slimming World BBQ chicken. This has 6.5 syns in it which is just over 3 a portion. The first few times I made this I did it in the oven, but now I do it in the slow cooker just for ease so I can leave it cooking when at work. Just obviously if being done in the slow cooker you’ll need to add additional water to cover.
Syns: 6.5 in whole recipe
What you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 3 teaspoons of Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lazy chilli (or a chopped chilli would work)
- 1 teaspoon of lazy garlic (use garlic powder as a substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of bbq seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of honey (2 syns)
- A good splash of white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Heinz Sticky BBQ sauce (4.5 syns)
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
- Nice and easy this one – keep your chicken in breast form and put to the side. Add all sauce ingredients into a slow cooker (or oven dish if you’re doing it that way) and mix well. You’ll need to add water, I tend to add just a few hundred ml, sometimes more depending on the size of the breast.
- Add the chicken to the sauce mixture and leave to cook in slow cooker on low all day (this is the best way, because you get the real melt in your mouth pull apart sort of chicken)
- Once the chicken is done (you’ll know when it’s done, you stick a fork in it and it falls apart) shred it with 2 forks.
- Service with rice, or chips (or both) with some veggies.
- Optional – I often give the chicken a quick flash in the frying pan, it dries it out a little and gives it a slight crisp in areas. It’s delicious either way, this is purely preference.