Absolutely delicious – Nandos lemon and herb chicken burgers with seasoned chips. Only 2 syns when using B choice for the bun and A choice for the cheese. The chicken is MUCH better marinated a few hours before.
Syn Value: 2 per portion
What you’ll need:
- Medium sized chicken breast
- Nandos Lemon and Herb rub (I got mine from asda)
- A burger style bun (I’ve used a Morrison’s pick your own ciabatta style to match Nandos)
- Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Butterfly the breasts and apply generous amounts of the rub (we used most of the packet for 2 medium/large chicken breasts) but save a little for later. MUCH better if you let it marinate for a few hours in the fridge like this.
- Once the chicken is marinated, peel your potatoes and part boil them.
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and a good sprinkle of the left over rub seasoning. Mix well.
- Once the potatoes are part boiled, drain them of water and add in the herb mix from above, mixing and spreading well. I find tossing in a mixing bowl the best way.
- Frylight the chips and place them evenly on an oven tray to cook – I actually throw mine in the air fryer, I find this easier if you have one of those.
- While the chips cook, frylight your frying pan and place the butterflied chicken in the pan. Cooking on a medium heat, increasing when it’s nearly done to create a bit of the char effect.
- Once cooked, place the chicken on the bun with some lettuce and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and serve with the chips.
For true Nandos effect this would be lovely served with coleslaw or corn on the cob, we just didn’t have any in. Enjoy!