This was originally shared with me by Gary on Facebook. The Slimming World Lemon Drizzle cake is already hugely popular, and this is just an extra tasty added twist!
Syns: 16 for the whole cake
What you’ll need:
- 50g self raising flour
- 25g of chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 fresh lemon
- 4 tablespoons of sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Pre heat your oven to 150c
- In a mixing bowl add just the egg yolks, separating from the whites.
- Add in your sweetener, lemon extract and half of the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Grate your lemon and add half of the juice into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in your flour to the mixture and mix well.
- Whisk your egg whites separately and pour in slowly while mixing with the existing mixture.
- When all nicely mixed together, frylight your baking tray and pour the mixture in.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips to the top and leave to cook at 150c for approximately 30 minutes, checking inbetween.
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining lemon juice on top and leave to cool.