This makes a beautiful sticky honey chicken with tons of flavour and a little kick. It’s really good for you and super tasty.
What you’ll need (serves 2):
- 2 x chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of clear honey (5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of lazy chilli (OR one chopped fresh red chilli)
- 1 teaspoon of lazy garlic (OR one crushed garlic glove)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- New Potatoes
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- Put 2 tablespoons of honey into a bowl
- Add in the chilli, garlic, cumin and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cover the chicken breast (leave a little bit of mixture spare) in the mixture and allow to marinate for a few minutes.
- Quarter your new potatoes (cut into 4 even pieces) leaving the skin on.
- Frylight your pan and fry the chicken on a medium heat so it doesn’t burn
- Microwave the new potatoes until cooked and soft (this took around 5 mins)
- Once the new potatoes are cooked place them in a separate smaller frying pan on a medium heat with some fry light, and sprinkle over paprika to taste.
- Allow the potatoes to brown a little and then pour some of the left over honey mixture over them in the pan. As they crisp up they’ll start to get sticky and may look burnt in places, this is just flavouring – Same with the chicken.
- Once the potatoes look well covered and cooked, as well as the chicken, serve on a bed of spinach.